Early years toolkit
Welcome to our dedicated page for nurseries.
On this page you will find downloadable ideas, story time suggestions, a letter to parents and resources to make your Bring your Bear day simple to organise and a day that the children will never forget.
Arts and crafts:
- Paddington mask
- Colour in Paddington and his suitcase
- Colour in Paddington and his sandwich
- Paddington bookmark
- Bring your Bear poster
- Bring your Bear sponsorship form
- Bring your Bear letter to parents
- Bring your Bear press release
If you require further help please do give us a ring on 01403 210406 or email email@example.com
Playtime ideas for children on Bring your Bear day
- Bear related songs and nursery rhymes
- Introduce your bear to the group
- The biggest, the smallest and softest bears
- Draw around your bear and colour it in
- Name tag for your bear
- Bear snap – same colours, same sizes
- Where do real bears live? Where do other animals live?
- List words and objects that begin with ‘B’
- Growl like a bear and make other animal noises
- How do we help our bears when they are poorly? – doctors and nurses game
- Bear hide and seek
Why not end the day with a teddy bears’ picnic? Read ‘A Bear Called Paddington’ to the children and invite parents to come along with their own bears?