Here are a few links we hope you will find useful. We are not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
We do not provide medical advice. If you would like more information about a condition or would like to talk to someone about your health, contact NHS Choices or speak to your GP.
- Net Doctor
- Information on prevention, treatment and management of diseases and conditions.
- NHS Choices
- Information for people to make choices about their health.
- Patient UK
- Medical information for doctors and patients.
- Self help UK
- Directory of self-help organisations, patient support groups and charities in the UK that provide support, guidance and advice to patients, carers and their relatives.
- Sense about Science
- Sense about Science is a charitable trust that equips people to make sense of scientific and medical claims in public discussion.
Organisations we’re working with
- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Charitable Trust
Charity supporting the advancement of physiotherapy education and research.
Action Medical Research has teamed up with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy Charitable Trust to support research into paediatric non-acquired brain injury and paediatric cerebral palsy.
- Cure Kids New Zealand
New Zealand charity funding children’s research.
Action Medical Research, Sands and New Zealand charity Cure Kids are together funding a study into stillbirth.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity
Charity for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
Action Medical Research has teamed up with Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity to fund project grants from across the UK to be awarded in July 2015.
- MS Society
- Charity for people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Action Medical Research and the MS Society are together funding a study which is examining the early symptoms in children.
- Stillbirth and neonatal death charity.
- Action Medical Research, Sands and New Zealand charity Cure Kids are together funding a study into stillbirth.
- The Brain Tumour Charity
- Charity for people affected by brain tumours.
- Action Medical Research and the Brain Tumour Charity are together funding a study to develop a way to tailor treatment more closely to the needs of each individual child.
- The Neuroblastoma Society
Charity funding vital research into neuroblastoma.
Action Medical Research and the Neuroblastoma Society are together funding a study into neuroblastoma.
Other useful organisations
- A membership organisation of the leading medical and health research charities in the UK.
- Ataxia UK
- Ataxia UK is a charity working across the UK supporting people affected by ataxia.
- Autistica is the UK's leading autism medical research charity – committed to funding groundbreaking research that will transform lives.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- The only UK-wide charity making a daily difference to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis, and those who care for them.
- Epilepsy Society
- The UK's leading epilepsy medical charity working for everyone affected by epilepsy.
- Ichthyosis support group
- The Ichthyosis Support Group (ISG) is a network of parents, sufferers and medics.
- Meningitis Research Foundation
- The Meningitis Research Foundation funds research to prevent meningitis and septicaemia, and to improve survival rates and outcomes. The Foundation promotes education and awareness to reduce death and disability, and gives support to people affected.
- Meningitis Now (formerly the Meningitis Trust)
- The Meningitis Trust improves the lives of people affected by meningitis and provides professional meningitis support and aftercare services in the UK.
- NIHR MCRN
- The NIHR MCRN encourage children and families to work with researcher professionals and clinicians and get actively involved in the different stages of research and associated activities.
- Our Saving Grace
- The group organises teams of befrienders to help families who have lost one or both of their twins to twin to twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS).
- Perthes Association
- The Perthes Association is a national charity helping families of children suffering from Perthes diseases and associated conditions.
- Tuberous Sclerosis Association
- The Tuberous Sclerosis Association provides support to families affected by TS across the UK.