Here are a few links we hope you will find useful. We are not responsible for the content of any of these sites.
We do not provide medical advice. If you would like more information about a condition or would like to talk to someone about your health, speak to your GP or contact NHS Direct (0845 4647 or www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk)
- Net Doctor
- Information on prevention, treatment and management of diseases and conditions.
- NHS Choices
- Information for people to make choices about their health.
- NHS Direct
- Health advice and information.
- Patient UK
- Medical information for doctors and patients.
- Self help UK
- Directory of self-help organisations, patient support groups and charities in the UK that provide support, guidance and advice to patients, carers and their relatives.
- Sense about Science
Organisations we’re working with
- MS Society
- Charity for people affected by multiple sclerosis (MS).
- Action Medical Research and the MS Society are together funding a study which is examining the early symptoms in children.
Other useful organisations
- A membership organisation of the leading medical and health research charities in the UK.
- Ataxia UK
- Ataxia UK is a charity working across the UK supporting people affected by ataxia.
- Autistica is the UK's leading autism medical research charity – committed to funding groundbreaking research that will transform lives.
- The Brain Tumour Charity
- The UK’s largest dedicated brain tumour charity, funding scientific and clinical research into brain tumours and offering support and information to those affected.
- The Cystic Fibrosis Trust
- The only UK-wide charity making a daily difference to the lives of people with cystic fibrosis, and those who care for them.
- Ichthyosis support group
- The Ichthyosis Support Group (ISG) is a network of parents, sufferers and medics.
- Meningitis Research Foundation
- The Meningitis Research Foundation funds research to prevent meningitis and septicaemia, and to improve survival rates and outcomes. The Foundation promotes education and awareness to reduce death and disability, and gives support to people affected.
- The Meningitis Trust
- The Meningitis Trust improves the lives of people affected by meningitis and provides professional meningitis support and aftercare services in the UK.
- National Society for Epilepsy (NSE)
- The UK's leading epilepsy medical charity working for everyone affected by epilepsy.
- NIHR MCRN
- The NIHR MCRN encourage children and families to work with researcher professionals and clinicians and get actively involved in the different stages of research and associated activities.
- Perthes Association
- The Perthes Association is a national charity helping families of children suffering from Perthes diseases and associated conditions.
- Stillbirth and neonatal death charity.