Our autumn 2014 Touching Lives cover story tells of the agonising situation Laura and Ryan faced, celebrating the arrival of their daughter Isabella whilst mourning the loss of her twin, Grace. The serious condition twin twin transfusion syndrome, which can affect around 10% of identical twins, had sadly developed undetected at a late stage of Laura’s pregnancy. We are currently funding a research project that aims to develop a new treatment and reduce the risks to identical twins in the womb.
If you can, please help us save vulnerable babies lives by making a donation today.
“We think the research funded by Action Medical Research into TTTS is brilliant. Any treatment that may effectively be able to offer the same, if not higher, survival rates for babies without the added complications of surgery would be a breakthrough with worldwide benefits.”
Laura, Isabella’s mum
Help fund research and save vulnerable babies lives
Please help us fund vital research with a gift of £25 today
In addition to our cover story, we’ve got more inspiring features for you:
- Better treatment for tiny twins
- Helping children with cancer
- How screening saves children from lifelong learning disability
- High five for volunteering
- A new medicine to help children with Duchenne muscular dustrophy
- Downing Street Reception
- Preventing premature labour
- Thank you, Action Partners!
- Revolutionary new surgery for cataracts
- Tackling asthma: a new approach
- Budding film star Paddington Bear
- Brain tumour research to help children like Jack
- Big or small, your legacy gift can make a real difference