Action Medical Research
By signing the registration form you agree to the following conditions:
1. In return for a secured place on the London Duathlon 2015, you must pay to Action Medical Research a non-refundable Registration Fee of £50 and commit to raising a further minimum amount of sponsorship (£200 - £350). Ideally the entire amount in sponsorship should be received by Action Medical Research a minimum of 3 weeks before the day of the event, or at least £108 with proof of confirmed pledges for the full amount. This figure does not include your registration fee of £50. This £108 covers the cost to Action Medical Research in acquiring the place. The balance itself must be paid to Action Medical Research within 8 weeks after the event. Failure to do so means you must make up the balance yourself.
2. You must make it clear to all prospective sponsors that a certain amount from your sponsorship money goes towards payment for you to take part in the London Duathlon. The cost of this is estimated at £108.
3. Should you not be able to take up your place, the people who sponsored you are required to ask for a refund in writing (letter or email) before we can return their monies to them.
4. The minimum age to take part in the London Duathlon is 18 years old on the day of the race (20 September 2015).
5. All funds raised in the name of Action Medical Research must be paid as soon as practicable to Action Medical Research.
6. All participants enter the event at their own risk. Action Medical Research is, therefore, under no liability in contract, negligence, or otherwise for any matter occurring during the event.
7. Action Medical Research must be informed as soon as possible in case of an injury or any other reason, which leaves you unable to take part in the event.
8. Photographs may be taken during the event which may be used to publicise future events and the work of the charity in general.
1. Raise money using legal methods and complying with the advice given in the Charity’s fundraising pack.
2. Keep accurate records of fundraising activities (please refer to sponsorship section of fundraising pack or online account for further details) and show these to the Charity on request.
3. Comply with all guidelines concerning use of the Charity logo and any other promotional materials/tools.
4. Do nothing that will bring the name or logo of the Charity into disrepute.
5. Not use the Charity name or logo for any purpose without written permission after the termination date of this agreement on 15 November 2015.
6. Make it clear that I am not an employee or agent of the Charity.
7. Inform all potential donors and sponsors that:
a) All donations are for the Charity (a registered charity)
b) £108 covers the costs of your Golden Bond place in the London Duathlon this will be paid for out of the sponsorship money I raise, with Gift Aid where applicable being claimed on the balance raised
c) Donations and registration fees will not be refundable to me, even if I do not participate in, or complete, the event. Money will only be refunded directly to the donor upon written request.
d) All cash and cheques (made payable to the Charity) should be sent to me and not to the Charity.
8. Pay all cash and cheques received into the Charity bank account and not into my own account at the earliest opportunity but in any event no later than 28 days after receipt.
9. Participants must ensure that all sponsorship forms and donor details are passed to the Events Department at Vincent House as soon as sponsorship monies have been collected.
11. Action Medical Research reserves the right to alter or terminate this agreement with immediate effect for any reason by writing to you. Upon termination you should immediately stop raising funds for the Charity and pay the Charity any sums raised before termination. Your obligation to keep donors’ details and provide them to Action Medical Research will continue to apply.