We have vacancies now for Speaker Ambassador volunteers.
Do you have a small amount of time to visit local groups, clubs and organisations?
What is involved?
Your role is to make contact with organisations, such as Rotary clubs and cricket clubs, and to talk about the charity using a Speaker pack provided.
Why help Action Medical Research?
It is the leading UK-wide medical research charity which
- tackles premature birth and treating sick babies
- helps children affected by disability
- targets rare diseases
Is the charity successful?
Yes. The charity has had many amazing breakthroughs including:
- introducing the first polio vaccines in the UK
- helping develop the use of ultrasound in pregnancy
- testing the early rubella vaccine
- discovering the importance of taking folic acid before and during pregnancy to prevent spina bifida
What do you need?
You need good communication skills and a willingness to be involved with a national charity. The role is not paid but travel expenses are paid. You need to be reliable and have some small time available.
What is your first step?
We would love to hear from you if this is of interest. One of our Community Fundraisers will then contact you to give you more information and answer any questions and to arrange an informal interview. Please contact us
Are you interested in visiting a school and giving a talk to inspire fundraising?
If so see our fundraise in school information.
Are you an existing Speaker Ambassador for Action?
If so click here for access to the Speaker Ambassador internal resource pages.