In the opening chapter of Peter James new book, Want You Dead, a doctor is murdered. To help raise money for Peter's chosen charity, Action Medical Research, the game below has been developed to tie in with his new book and is sponsored by Harwoods Group.
The Missing Evidence Game: win £1000!
The doctor's burned body was found in undergrowth at Haywards Heath Golf Club in the rough ground between holes 3 and 4. The chloroform rag the murderer used on the doctor was accidentally dropped somewhere on the golf course below. Find the missing evidence, the chloroform rag, and win £1000. Just select a square below for £10, or multiple squares, to be in with a chance to win!
There are 4 entrances into Haywards Heath Golf Club:
- The drive into the golf club car park runs alongside fairway 18. It is a 10 minute walk from the clubhouse across the fairways 18 to the fairway of hole 3 where the body was found
- Old Wickham Lane, off the Balcombe Road, which crosses the London rail line. A country path leads to the green of hole 3 and to where the body was found.
- There is a 5-bar gate in High Beech Lane behind the tee on hole 6. It is a 5 minute walk from the tee up fairway 5, across fairway 4 to where the body was found.
- Sandridge Lane is accessed from High Beech Lane. It runs alongside the tee and fairway on hole 3. A public footpath provides access to where the body was found.
Things to consider:
Did the chloroform rag get caught on a bramble and pulled from the murderer’s pocket in the undergrowth alongside hole 3? Or was it accidentally pulled out when the murderer took out a knife to threaten the doctor to make him walk to where his body was found?
Did the murderer deliberately drop the chloroform cloth in an obvious place where it would be found and used to implicate someone innocent of the murder?
Did the doctor put up a fight on the course on fairways 3 or 4 and the chloroform rag was accidentally pulled from the murderer’s pocket?
Click on the square or squares in the grid below where you think the missing evidence is found. Then go to “ADD CART” to pay for squares purchased.
General terms for Missing Evidence Game
- This raffle is only open to residents of the UK.
- To purchase raffle tickets you must be 16 or older. Any person found to be under 16 years of age automatically forfeits any right to the prize.
- All squares have equal chance of winning and winner will be drawn at random at 7pm Wednesday on 10 September 2014
- This raffle is not open to employees of Action Medical Research.
- This raffle is open to Action Medical Research volunteers.
- Raffle purchases cannot be refunded.
- Action Medical Research accepts no responsibility for loss or damage incurred by winner in connection with or arising from the use of this prize.
- Winners will be notified by email at the draw date. The charity will not enter into any communication about draw results.
- Winners agree that they may be used in future promotional materials.
- By entering the raffle, entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions ( which may be amended by Action Medical Research at any time).
- Any entries that don’t comply with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
Registered under the Gambling Act 2005 with Horsham District Council.
All buyers of raffle tickets should be at least 16 years of age. This raffle is not operated by Action Medical Research.