Action Medical Research launches Easter giveaway for cyclists
Children’s charity Action Medical Research is launching an Easter giveaway on Monday, 10 April, to promote its popular RIDE100 events this summer.
It is offering cycling fans 20% off the series using code SPRING17 at the checkout and the chance to win a Vitus Razor Road Bike worth £449.99. Each entry to the series between 10th - 23rd April will be automatically added to the prize draw. To enter please visit: action.org.uk/events/cycling/ride100-series
By taking part in one of Action Medical Research’s rides in 2017, you’re guaranteed a great day in the saddle while helping to save and change the lives of sick babies and children. Places are available on:
- The Suffolk Sunrise 100 on Sunday, 7 May, a sell-out success each year which sets out from the stunning backdrop of Framlingham College
- The Castle Ride 100 on Sunday, 14 May, from Tonbridge Castle where the Garden of England serves up a mixture of quiet villages and beautiful scenery
- Davina's Big Sussex Bike Ride on Sunday, 25 June, which offers the chance to join the charity's celebrity ambassador Davina McCall on a stunning ride from East Sussex National Golf Club
- The Trossachs Ton on Sunday, 18 June, which sets out from Stirling and takes in the Double Duke, two ascents of the Duke's Pass, on the Champion route
- The York 100 on Sunday, 20 August, which is supported by Welcome to Yorkshire and takes in some of the best scenery the county has to offer
- The Essex 100 on Sunday, 03 September, a stunning ride through the North Essex countryside with which to close your cycling event season.
All races offer a choice of routes including the ‘Classic’ at around 60-70 miles, ‘Champion’ at around 100 miles and ‘Cool’ at 21 – 40 miles. Brand new to 2017 is the ‘Epic’ 125 mile route on the Castle Ride 100 for those looking to really push themselves.
Entry to every race in the RIDE100 charity cycle series is 20% off using code SPRING17 and includes chip timing, food and water stations, marshals and mechanics. For more information and to register, please visit action.org.uk/events/cycling/ride100-series
Action Medical Research is a UK-wide children’s charity which funds desperately needed research to tackle the diseases that devastate the lives of so many of our children. It has been funding medical breakthroughs since it began in 1952 including helping to introduce the first polio vaccines in the UK, developing the use of ultrasound in pregnancy and testing the rubella vaccine.
The charity is currently funding research into conditions including asthma, prematurity, epilepsy, meningitis, cerebral palsy, brain cancer and some rare and distressing conditions.
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
For a photo of the Vitus Razor Road Bike, please click on the link below:
The competition and discount offer will run from Monday, 10 April 2017, to Sunday, 23 April 2017, and the winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
For more information on Action Medical Research, please contact Peter Denton, Fundraising Communications Officer, on:
For 65 years Action Medical Research has been saving and changing children’s lives and has spent more than £115 million funding medical breakthroughs, including helping to introduce the first polio vaccines in the UK, discovering the importance of taking folic acid before and during pregnancy to prevent spina bifida, developing the use of ultrasound in pregnancy and testing the rubella vaccine.
The charity is currently funding research into conditions including prematurity, epilepsy, meningitis, cerebral palsy, brain cancer and some rare and distressing conditions.