Festive Friday Cycling Gift
Ride into the Xmas season with Action’s one-day gift to you:
a ‘Festive Friday Fifty per cent off’ launch for the RIDE100 series
Treat yourself and your friends to a present with a difference this Christmas by registering for one (or more) of Action Medical Research’s RIDE-100 cycle rides on Friday, 5 December 2014. For this one day only ‘Festive Friday’ and to coincide with the official launch of the RIDE100 series 2015, the cost of participating will be halved, making it a great value present benefitting both the riders and the children’s charity at the same time.
Highly endorsed by cycling champions such as Sir Dave Brailsford (CBE), Chris Boardman and Joanna Rowsell, Action Medical Research has been offering cyclists an extensive program of one day bike rides in fantastic cycling locations up and down the country since the very first ‘100’ cycle event that Action ran more than 30 years ago. Cyclists of all abilities take part in the RIDE100s as they offer three different route options for each ride: the Cool Route – (30-40 miles) ideal if you’re new to cycling or haven’t been on your bike for a while; the Classic Route (55-70 miles) – a stiffer challenge; and the Champion route (90-110 miles – from whence the Ride ‘100’ took its’ name) – for experienced cyclists. These distance options were really popular in 2014 allowing mixed standards of cycling friends and family to all take part in the same event.
The 2015 RIDE100 program has been streamlined to 10 quality rides across the UK, starting in Peterborough on 19 April for 2015 and finishing in Essex on 6 Sept 2015 – also including Davina’s Big Sussex Bike Ride on 7 June 2015 (hosted by our long-time supporter, Davina McCall). And for one day only, on Friday 5 December 2014, the fee for all RIDE100 rides has been streamlined too! You can choose to be a ‘Sportive’ entrant (just pay a one-off fee of £27.50 and you’re ready to go) or a ‘Fundraising’ entrant for just £15 (plus a requirement of raising a minimum of £35 for the charity).
These are fantastic, well designed rides with stunning scenery, fabulous feeding stations (that include home-made cakes as well as the obligatory bananas), and the full-support of the Action Medical Research Events team. The Sportive and Fundraising entry options both include chip timing, food and water checkpoints, lunch, marshals and mechanics. And all cyclists will be raising money to help fund medical research into conditions affecting babies and children at the same time. As Sir Dave Brailsford said, “You can always expect a great day in the saddle with Action Medical Research.” So put 5 December 2015 in your diary to register here http://www.action.org.uk/events/cycling/ride100-series or call the Action Team on T: 01403 327444.
RIDE100 series 2015:-
- Peterborough 100 - 19 April http://www.action.org.uk/peterborough-100
- Warwickshire 100 - 26 April http://www.action.org.uk/warwickshire-100
- The Brunel Flyer (previously known as Bath 100) -10 May http://www.action.org.uk/bath-100
- Suffolk Sunrise 100 – 10 May http://www.action.org.uk/suffolk-sunrise-100
- Castle Ride 100 – 17 May http://www.action.org.uk/castle-ride-100
- Davina’s Big Sussex Bike Ride – 7 June http://www.action.org.uk/davinas-big-sussex-bike-ride
- Trossachs Ton – 21 June http://www.action.org.uk/trossachs-ton
- York 100 – 16 August http://www.action.org.uk/york-100
- Action 100 - 30 August http://www.action.org.uk/action-100-bristol-london
- Essex100 - 6 Sept http://www.action.org.uk/essex-100
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
For more information about Action Medical Research please contact:
Jules Robinson, Interim Press and PR Officer T: 01403 327480 E: email@example.com W: action.org.uk
Action Medical Research is a UK-wide charity saving and changing children’s lives through medical research.
We want to make a difference in:
- tackling premature birth and treating sick and vulnerable babies
- helping children affected by disability, disabling conditions and infections
- targetting rare diseases that together severely affect many forgotten children.
Just one breakthrough, however small, can mean the world. action.org.uk
Charity reg.nos 208701 and SC039284.