In the middle of a Chain ‘re-Action’
In the middle of a Chain ‘re-Action’:
Charity announces return of RIDE100 partnership
Following on from last year’s inaugural support of Action Medical Research’s RIDE100 series, Chain Reaction Cycles (CRC) are once again teaming up with the charity to support their extensive program of one day bike rides in fantastic cycling locations up and down the country!
Highly endorsed by cycling champions such as Sir Dave Brailsford (CBE), Chris Boardman (MBE) and Joanna Rowsell (MBE), Action Medical Research is known by cyclists of all abilities for the variety of well-organised and successful rides it has run over the decades. Cyclists of all abilities take part in the RIDE100s as they offer three different route options for each ride: the Cool Route – (30-40 miles) ideal if you’re new to cycling or haven’t been on your bike for a while; the Classic Route (55-70 miles) – a stiffer challenge; and the Champion route (90-110 miles – from whence the RIDE ‘100’ took its’ name) – for experienced cyclists.
Chain Reaction Cycles last year utilised their prominent position in the cycling industry to promote the rides and Action event participants benefitted from rider sign-up incentives and prizes of their in-house brands. This year they will include Action promotional flyers in all of their UK orders (equating to 8,000 items per week), promote directly to their multi-customer database, hold monthly competitions and prize draws and feature coverage on their Hub website.
Wanting to give back and support a charity which has such enthusiasm and expertise in cycling, Chain Reaction Cycles are looking forward to the 2015 RIDE100 program which has been streamlined to 10 quality rides across the UK include Davina’s Big Sussex Bike Ride on 7 June 2015 (hosted by long-time Action Medical Research Celebrity Ambassador, Davina McCall).
Grant Norris, Global Head of Events for CRC said: “We are thrilled to be continuing to partner a charity that not only organises some of the best sportive and fundraising rides around, but one that cares deeply about all things cycling. It’s a privilege to be supporting Action Medical Research and doing our bit to help them raise funds to save and change the lives of thousands of babies and children.”
Action Medical Research Head of Community and Events Fundraising, David Graham said, “We are proud, once again, to be associated with such a gold standard brand. Action has a passion for cycling and the support of Chain Reaction Cycles will help us realise our ambitions to get more people fit and healthy on the back of a bike, whilst raising funds for children for whom bike riding will only ever be a dream.”
These are fantastic, well designed rides with stunning scenery, fabulous feeding stations and the full-support of the Action Medical Research Events team. As Sir Dave Brailsford said, “You can always expect a great day in the saddle with Action Medical Research.”
If you haven’t already registered you can do so here http://www.action.org.uk/events/cycling/ride100-series or call the Action Team on T: 01403 327444. And to ensure you have the best gear, contact Chain Reaction Cycles at www.chainreactioncycles.com
RIDE-100 series 2015:-
- Peterborough 100 - 19 April http://www.action.org.uk/peterborough-100
- Warwickshire 100 - 26 April http://www.action.org.uk/warwickshire-100
- The Brunel Flyer (previously known as Bath 100) -10 May http://www.action.org.uk/bath-100
- Suffolk Sunrise 100 – 10 May http://www.action.org.uk/suffolk-sunrise-100
- Castle Ride 100 – 17 May http://www.action.org.uk/castle-ride-100
- Davina’s Big Sussex Bike Ride – 7 June http://www.action.org.uk/davinas-big-sussex-bike-ride
- Trossachs Ton – 21 June http://www.action.org.uk/trossachs-ton
- York 100 – 16 August http://www.action.org.uk/york-100
- Action 100 - 30 August http://www.action.org.uk/action-100-bristol-london
- Essex100 - 6 Sept http://www.action.org.uk/essex-100
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
For more information about Action Medical Research please contact:
Jules Robinson, Interim Press and PR Officer T: 01403 327480
E: firstname.lastname@example.org W: action.org.uk
Action Medical Research is a UK-wide charity saving and changing children’s lives through medical research.
We want to make a difference in:
- tackling premature birth and treating sick and vulnerable babies
- helping children affected by disability, disabling conditions and infections
- targeting rare diseases that together severely affect many forgotten children.
Just one breakthrough, however small, can mean the world action.org.uk
Charity reg.nos 208701 and SC039284.