New Suffolk music festival announces line up
Gig in the Garden for children’s charity: 14 July 2013
Wicks Farm, near Stowmarket, will play host to Gig in the Garden, the new one day family music festival with some of the UK's best emerging talent.
The new Suffolk event on the festival calendar takes place Sunday 14 July, in the fabulous grounds of Wicks Farm, Mendlesham, near Stowmarket. The event is organised by the children’s charity Action Medical Research and money raised will go to help the charity fund vital research.
Medical research can save and change children’s lives. Yet surprisingly, medical research into conditions that devastate children’s lives is poorly funded. Action Medical Research is currently funding research into conditions including Down syndrome, premature birth, epilepsy, meningitis and rare diseases.
Ipswich band Underline the Sky is among the headline acts playing during the evening. With no backing, management, PR, agent or record label, the four piece Rock band’s achievements over their four year history are all the more impressive. They have opened the 4Music stage of the V Festival, music video ‘Katie’ has over 340,000 views on YouTube and over 6,500 self-released tracks sold worldwide.
Other headliners include local five piece Ipswich band Polar Collective who will not disappoint with their fresh mix of Pop, Hip-hop and ‘Jurassic Street Vibe’. Up and coming, London-based band, Mt. Wolf also promise to deliver with vocalist Kate Sproule's ethereal tones and the band's dreamy electronic-folk sound. Mt. Wolf next month play the Union Chapel Islington and other sell out gigs around the UK.
Closing Gig in the Garden will be the the hugely popular Ultimate Madness, who have become THE Madness tribute band.
Other music on the main stage throughout the afternoon will include Chasing Storms, Jade Donno, Noughts and Crosses, Cotton House and Choralantics. The fun filled day will also provide entertainment for all the family including a Rodeo Bull, laser tag in the woods and giant games thanks to supporter Castle Capers. There will also be stalls offering everything from face painting, CD’s, gifts, crafts and vinyl.
The obligatory festival beer tent will feature, as will Pimms, fizz and wine bars. The English Curtain Company will decorate our afternoon tea marquee and the Newmarket Committee for Action will bake delicious homemade cakes. Other food stalls will guarantee no one goes hungry; including: hog roast, savoury and sweet pancakes, locally sourced hot dogs and ice cream.
Lucy Hynes, Event organiser says, “Everyone loves a festival and here’s a wonderful new one that’s family friendly and for such a great cause helping babies and children. For anyone wanting to dip their toe in the water of the festival experience, especially as a family, then this a must-do event!”
Advance tickets are available from £10, with family tickets at £30 (2 adults and max 3 children under 16 or 1 adult, max 4 children under 16). Book online at www.action.org.uk/gig
For more information and updates as they happen, join the Facebook event at: http://www.facebook.com/events/564242430262014
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- Gig in the Garden will run from 1pm-10pm on Sunday 14 July 2013
- Underline the Sky – music video ‘Katie’: http://youtu.be/5HpeJmSZN8c Website: www.underlinethesky.com and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/UnderlineTheSky
- Polar Collective – Website: http://www.polarcollective.co.uk/ and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PolarCollective
- Mt. Wolf – music video ‘Life Size Ghosts’: http://youtu.be/PNDoOEa5z8w Website: http://www.mtwolf.co.uk/ and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MtWolfOfficial
- Ultimate Madness – Website: http://www.ultimatemadness.co.uk/ and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ultimate-Madness/78588187961
High-res pics can be downloaded from the links below:
- Underline the Sky http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/underline_the_sky.jpg
- Polar Collective http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/polar_collective.jpg
- Mt. Wolf http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/mt.wolf_credit_neil_bedford.jpg
- Ultimate Madness http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/ultimate_madness_20121219_1465264288.jpg
For further press information on Action Medical Research and the events they run please contact:
Follow us on Twitter at @actionmedres and @amr_events
Like our Facebook page at facebook.com/actionevents
Action Medical Research is a UK-wide charity saving and changing children’s lives through medical research. We want to make a difference in:
- tackling premature birth and treating sick and vulnerable babies
- helping children affected by disability, disabling conditions and infections
- targeting rare diseases that together severely affect many forgotten children.
Just one breakthrough, however small, can mean the world.