Touching Lives - March 2012
Easy things to do for our 60th anniversary
Action Medical Research’s 60th anniversary is more than just a birthday; it’s a chance for you to go the extra mile, spread the word about our vital work and raise lots of money to help save and change children’s lives.
Over the past 60 years Action has supported many medical breakthroughs but there’s still so much more to do.
We wouldn’t be where we are today without the hard work and commitment of our supporters, staff, community fundraisers, committees and volunteers. Everyone gives their time and efforts to help us achieve our goals.
In just 60 seconds or 60 minutes you can make a difference. So, no matter how much spare time you have, please take action!
Here are a few ideas of easy things you can do:
- Sign up to one of our events, perhaps a cycle ride or sponsored run
- Donate an hour’s pay
- Give us a call about volunteering
- Join one of our committees and get to know Action supporters in your area.
If you want to get friends and family involved
- Hold a cake baking competition with your friends or colleagues
- Organise a Who’s that Baby? Photo competition at work
- Ask your children’s school or nursery to take part in Bring your Bear
- Organise a Walk for Tiny Lives. These walks are designed to suit people of all ages. Choose your date, place and pace and get your friends and family to join you.
If you’d like to participate in a team event
- Join one of our exciting team challenges, such as a PLOD overnight endurance walk, Race the Sun or Three Peaks Bike and Hike.
- Share your Action experience – have a look at our website page action.org.uk/take60/ideas and tell us your story
- Give us a special birthday gift of £60 or donate £5 a month.