c£26,000 + car allowance (pro rata)
21 hours a week
Home based in the region (see job description)
We are looking for an experienced and committed fundraiser to join the Action team to help drive new business opportunities and develop relationships in the region.
We are an ambitious charity aiming to grow and deliver still more medical research to help children. We have more than 65 current research projects taking place across the UK and a proud history of contributing to some amazing medical breakthroughs; from our roots in the development of the first polio vaccines, to developing ultrasound in pregnancy, the rubella vaccine and cooling therapy for newborn babies.
As Community Fundraiser you will:
· Identify and build relationships with companies and community organisations securing their fundraising support and ongoing connection with the charity
· Meet financial targets in line with our community fundraising strategy
· Motivate and recognise supporters to ensure their long-term support
· Work with volunteers to help you achieve your area targets
To be successful you will ideally have experience of working with volunteers, companies, and supporters combined with:
· Proven experience of meeting & exceeding financial targets and working to KPIs
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence outcomes
· Experience of developing and delivering an exceptional volunteer and supporter experience
· Experience of working in a community fundraising role
· Excellent organisational skills
· Flexibility and willingness to travel throughout the region and work evenings & weekends
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic community fundraising team as we look to develop and grow new fundraising support from third party adoptions and supporter groups alongside our well-established volunteer base. The role offers involvement with an attractive mix of traditional community fundraising activity and well-established participant events, whilst developing new and profitable relationships.
Applications by CV with a covering statement detailing how you meet the person specification should be sent to Stephanie Stevens email@example.com
Benefits include 22 days annual leave (pro rata) plus additional closure days between Christmas and New Year, and a Group Flexible Retirement Plan.