Action Medical Research launches New Year giveaway for cyclists
Children’s charity Action Medical Research will be launching a New Year giveaway on Monday, 4 January, to promote its popular RIDE100 events next summer.
It is offering cycling fans the chance to win an Action jersey signed by Joanna Rowsell MBE, a Deuter rucksack and free entry to a RIDE100 event in 2016 by entering their details at action.org.uk/new-year-giveaway
Other goodies in the bundle worth more than £150 include a Purple Harry cleaning kit, bike lights, a saddle pack, a signed photo of Sean Kelly and a Camelbak water bottle; a signed cartoon of John Mould and Hannah Walker and a Lezyne multi-tool are also up for grabs.
By taking part in one of Action Medical Research’s rides in 2016, you’re guaranteed a great day in the saddle while helping to save and change the lives of sick babies and children. Places are available on:
- The Suffolk Sunrise 100 on Sunday, 8 May, a sell-out success each year which sets out from the stunning backdrop of Framlingham College
- The Castle Ride 100 on Sunday, 15 May, from Tonbridge Castle where the Garden of England serves up a mixture of quiet villages and beautiful scenery
- Davina's Big Sussex Bike Ride on Sunday, 12 June, which offers the chance to join the charity's celebrity ambassador Davina McCall on a stunning ride from East Sussex National Golf Club
- The Trossachs Ton on Sunday, 19 June, which sets out from Stirling and takes in the Double Duke, two ascents of the Duke's Pass, on the Champion route
- The Peterborough 100 on Sunday, 26 June, where the quiet lanes serve up a mixture of climbs and descents with ample opportunity to push it on the flat
- The Warwickshire 100 on Sunday, 24 July, which sets out from Stratford Racecourse and journeys through Shakespeare’s favourite county
- The York 100 on Sunday, 14 August, which is supported by Welcome to Yorkshire and takes in some of the best scenery the county has to offer
- The Essex 100 on Sunday, 4 September, a stunning ride through the North Essex countryside with which to close your cycling event season.
All races offer a choice of Classic routes, at around 60-70 miles, or the more challenging Champion option at around 100 miles, while the events in Warwickshire, Essex and Peterborough also include a Cool route of some 40 miles; Davina’s Big Sussex Bike Ride offers a Cool 21-mile route, the 40-mile Classic and the Champion 68-mile option.
With the help of its supporters, Action Medical Research has played a significant role in many medical breakthroughs for more than 60 years, from the development of the first UK polio vaccines to the use of ultrasound in pregnancy. In addition to premature birth, it is currently funding research into meningitis, Down syndrome and epilepsy, as well as some rare and distressing conditions that severely affect children.
Entry to every race in the RIDE100 charity cycle series is £38, which includes chip timing, food and water stations, marshals and mechanics. For more information and to register, please visit action.org.uk/events/cycling/ride100-series
- ENDS -
For a photo of Action Medical Research’s prize bundle, please click on the link below:
NOTES TO EDITORS:
The competition will run from Monday, 4 January 2016, to Friday, 15 January 2016, and the winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries.
For full terms and conditions, please visit action.org.uk/new-year-giveaway
For more information on Action Medical Research, please contact Ellie Evans, Fundraising Communications Officer, on:
T: 01403 327480
Action Medical Research is a leading UK-wide charity working to save and change children’s lives through medical research. We believe that the diseases that devastate the lives of so many of our children can be beaten. We have been funding medical breakthroughs since we began in 1952 like the first polio vaccines in the UK, ultrasound in pregnancy and the rubella vaccine – helping to save thousands of children’s lives and change many more.
Just one breakthrough, however small, can mean the world. Charity reg.nos 208701 and SC039284.