Charity ‘real deal’ Christmas cards on sale
Charity Christmas cards are big business, but are they all the real deal? Children’s Charity Action Medical Research has launched a unique range of Christmas cards, from which EVERY penny will go to the charity to help fund vital research for sick and disabled babies and children.
The cards are on sale now at: www.action.org.uk/xmas
Kirsty McCabe, weather presenter, mother of two and Action Medical Research supporter says: “I hate getting those impersonal emails from friends claiming they'll give money to charity instead of sending Christmas cards. No more excuses - this year they can send me a proper card from Action Medical Research's 'real deal' selection. Every single penny goes to a fantastic cause, not just a tiny percentage like other charity cards. Just add snow for the perfect Christmas!”
The initiative to publish 12 different packs of Christmas cards, with the charity benefiting from the entire retail price to, is the brainchild of Lynn Tait. Lynn, a gallery owner in Leigh on Sea, has owned a greeting card business for more than 20 years.
A long-standing supporter of the children’s charity, Lynn invited 12 Ladder Club attendees to design and donate an exclusive piece of artwork for the venture. The Ladder Club seminars are crash-courses in greeting card publishing run on a not-for-profit basis by Lynn.
Within two weeks of putting her inspiration into action, Lynn had 12 design offers and had also secured sponsorship free of charge from the printers The Sherwood Press and The Imaging Centre, paper company G F Smith, Yorkshire Envelopes, Visual Packaging Ltd, Progressive Greetings and Progressive Greetings Live.
There are 12 card designs from the cream of the greetings card industry, reflecting diversity in style, genre and subject, from: Julia Hook Designs, Linda Wood Designs, Paper Salad, The London Studio, Berni Parker, Trumpers World, Wrendale Designs, Celia Pike, Libby McMullin, Dilys Treacle Treasures, Cherry Picked For You and Hels Bells.
“The cards are the real deal and a class act – the quality of the card is beautiful – people will be proud to send it. We expect to sell a large quantity of these cards and make as much money as possible for this wonderful charity. I’m so grateful to the artists and suppliers who have so willingly supported us.” says Lynn.
Lynn received a ‘Lifetime honorary achievement award’ at the greeting card industry awards - The Henries - in 2012 after organising a successful fundraising greeting card competition to celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee.
Jenny Edwards, Fundraising Director for Action says, “We are delighted that Action Medical Research will benefit significantly from these ‘real deal’ Christmas cards. Thank you to Lynn, for her inspiration and determination, and to the artists and suppliers who freely donated their time and resources to make it all possible.”
Action Medical Research is currently funding research into conditions including Down syndrome, premature birth, epilepsy, meningitis and rare diseases that severely affect babies and children. Medical research can save and change children’s lives. Yet surprisingly, medical research into conditions that devastate children’s lives is poorly funded.
As well as being available via the charity website at www.action.org.uk/xmas the packs of ‘real deal’ Christmas cards will be sold through the Action fundraising volunteer groups around the country and Lynn Tait’s Gallery shop, Leigh On Sea, Essex.
- ENDS -
NOTES TO EDITORS:
A high-res image of Kirsty McCabe with Action Medical Research fundraising mascot Paddington Bear can be downloaded from this link:
Images of the 12 different card designs can be downloaded from these links:
- Julia Hook – cycling Santa: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/julia_hook.jpg
- Linda Wood – Victorian Santa: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/linda_wood.jpg
- Dilys Treacle – distinctive textile Christmas tree: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/dilys_treacle.jpg
- Berni Parker – stylish fashion "shopping" design: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/berni_parker.jpg
- Celia Pike – Christmas cats: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/celia_pike.jpg
- Cherry Picked For You – Fairy Friends: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/cherry_picked_for_you.jpg
- Hels Bells – Jingle Belles Rock ‘Ladies’ design: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/hels_bells.jpg
- Libby McMullin – modern whimsical design: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/libby_mcmullin.jpg
- Paper Salad – crib scene: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/paper_salad.jpg
- The London Studio – reindeer road sign: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/the_london_studio.jpg
- Trumpers World – traditional church watercolour: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/trumpers_world.jpg
- Wrendale Designs - gaggle of geese: http://www.action.org.uk/sites/default/files/downloads/press/wrendale_designs.jpg
For further information please contact:
Toni Slater, Communications Manager
T: 01403 327478
Follow us on Twitter at @actionmedres and @amr_events using hashtag #RealDealXmas
Like our Facebook page at facebook.com/actionevents
Action Medical Research is a UK-wide charity saving and changing children’s lives through medical research. We want to make a difference in:
- tackling premature birth and treating sick and vulnerable babies
- helping children affected by disability, disabling conditions and infections
- targeting rare diseases that together severely affect many forgotten children.
Just one breakthrough, however small, can mean the world. action.org.uk
Charity reg.nos 208701 and SC039284.